Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Anne as "TheTwitter Queen!"

Among the local artists now, Anne is the only Filipino Actress who deserves to be called as the "Twitter Queen" having 718,262 followers as I write this blog right now and growing every time I visit her Twitter Account (http://twitter.com/#!/annecurtissmith). The reason that a lot of people follow her is because she spends time to reply back to their messages especially during traffic, thus making her follower turn to be her avid fans. "I try, whenever I can," Anne said during her launching as the endorser of realty corporation. "That's why my fans, whenever I'm in traffic, I usually answer back. Or whenever I have a free day, I answer back." Though many of them might say that she is really not answering their messages. "Sometimes may nagrereklamo, 'Hindi naman nagre-reply si Anne Curtis.' But then you have some of the other Twitter followers, they would say, 'Hindi, kasi nagre-reply 'yan pag traffic,' or 'Nagre-reply 'yan, maghintay ka lang, magre-reply rin 'yan," Anne explained.


March 10, 2009; she started her Twitter Account with the influenced of her friend Georgina Wilson. They used to tweet just amongst their circle of friends. After 2 years, she was surprised with the number of followers and as well as her friends followers. Surely alot of us idolized their barkada (Famous are Anne Curtis, Georgina Wilson, Liz Uy, Solenn Heussaff, Richard Gutierrez, Raymond Gutierrez, Isabelle Daza) because they are all gorgeous and successful on their own field. "It wasn't a major trend before. It wasn't considered a major social networking thing before. But now, nagulat na lang ako... Whoah! And I loved it!" Anne said.


Most Popular? Because of the thousands of her followers, it is now proven that she is finally on top after being in the showbizness for more or less 16 years. She might be even considered most popular than the other famous Young Actresses namely Angel Locsin, Bea Alonzo, Angelica Panganiban and KC Conception. "No. Hindi ko iniisip yun. As I said, when I joined Twitter, hindi ko iniisip na magiging ganun siyang kalaki. I just want to reach out more to my fans. Yun lang," Anne humbly said. (Source PEP).
Join Twitter and be her follower so we can make her the first Filipino to have 1 million followers.


5 comments: