Search This Blog

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Why would I watch "Who's That Girl"?



If you are fond of Director Wenn Deramas brand of comedy (like Tanging Ina, Petrang Kabayo and Magkapatid) then I guarantee that you will also love movie. It's hilariously funny, first because of the presence of Superb Comedian Eugene Domingo and the undeniable chemistry Best Tandem of Anne Curtis and Luis Manzano. It's also fun to watch how Anne became a comedian herself.

Can't help but to share the funny interview of Anne and Luis with Ricky Lo.

Now on their third team-up in Who’s That Girl? (a joint venture between Viva Films and SM Development Corporation), Luis Manzano and Anne Curtis almost ended up as sweethearts until they realized that they were better off as soul mates.


“Naging sila!” Eugene Domingo kept on jokingly shouting as Luis Manzano (part-Espanyol/part-Pinoy) and Anne Curtis (part-Australyana/part-Pinay) were deep into a light-hearted Conversation about Who’s That Girl?, their third team-up after the trilogy All About Love (with John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo, and Angelica Panganiban and Jason Abalos) and Ang Cute ng Ina Mo (with Eugene and Ai-Ai delas Alas). “They are exes!”

But Luis and Anne just tried to ignore Eugene, one of their co-stars in the movie co-produced by Viva Films and SM Development Corporation, together with John Lapus, Candy Pangilinan, Dennis Padilla, DJ Durano and Ms. Dina Bennevie in a “special participation.” Directed by Wenn Deramas, the movie is about Bea (Anne), a wallflower who is head-over-heels in love with campus heartthrob John Eduque (Luis) who takes notice of her only one day when, at her lowest moment he takes time out to cheer her up.

“There’s one such scene in real life between Luis and me,” admitted Anne who, when egged on, finally admitted that when she broke up with Oyo Sotto (now married to Kristine Hermosa), she sought out Luis for comfort until her mind cleared up and, you guessed it, she went back to Oyo. That nipped in the bud what could have been love on the rebound and that cemented a deep and lasting friendship.

Now, for some “loveful” questions. Are you single?

Luis: Yes, I’m single. (Note: He added that he hasn’t had any serious involvement since he broke up with Angel Locsin.)

Anne: I’m taken. (Note: She’s going steady with Erwan Heussaff, Solenn’s brother.)

(To Luis) So you’re available?

Luis: Hmmmm, I guess!

(To Luis) Does your mom, Batangas Gov. Vilma Santos, meddle in your love life?

Luis: No, she doesn’t. Unless I tell her first, she doesn’t ask me anything about my personal life.

How did you spend Valentine’s?

Anne: First, I did Showtime (the ABS-CBN noontime show) and after that I had dinner with Erwan.

Luis: Well, let’s just say that I had a happy Valentine’s Day. I was on E-Live kasi and I was asked to comment on some things. Hmmmm, it was one of the phases of my life which, well, I have decided not to reveal everything.

If Anne were available, would you court her?

Luis: I guess the proper question would be…If she were single, would she court me?

If Luis were single and he would court you, what do you think are his chances?

Anne: Busted right away. Chances? None. Zero-zero!

Luis: I was saying that the proper question should be, “IF she were single, would she court me?”

Would you, Anne?

Anne: Never! If he courted me, he would be on his knees, crawling and begging me for my love.

Luis: Oops! She’s in denial. It comes in stages. First is denial, then comes anger and finally, surrender.

What do you like best about each other?

Anne: One thing I like about Manzano is that through thick and thin, I know that I always have him. He’s someone I can count on.

Oh, as a friend but not as something more serious than that?

Anne: Alam ko naman na may pagnanasa ‘yan sa akin, eh. (Addressing Luis) Aminin mo, Manzano, may pagnanasa ka sa akin, di ba?

Luis: Well, let’s just say that twice naliligo ako nahuli ko siyang nambubuso.

Did you expose more of yourself at that time for her benefit?
Anne (inset: with boyfriend Erwan Heussaff) was recently launched as endorser of Pandora Jewelry together with Liz Uy and Georgina Wilson. ‘It’s very popular in Australia,’ she said. ‘They are simple, not at all bling-blings.’

Luis: No. Nailang ako!

Anne: He’s just trying to change the topic. Check out his celfone. I am his “wallpaper.”

Luis: Mabuti nga ako sa celfone lang, eh. Ang wallpaper mo sa bahay ako!

You are on your third movie together. Obviously, you enjoy working with each other.

Anne: Oh yes. Laging enjoy. Fun kasi, eh!

What are some of your memorable moments together as friends and as working partners?

Anne: As friends, one of my most memorable moments siguro with Manzano was when I was crying on the sidewalk in front of his house kasi I had just broken off with my boyfriend. (Yes, Oyo Sotto. — RFL)

Which boyfriend?

Anne: Basta! Anyway, to cheer me up, do you know what he did? Tumakbo siyang palayo pagkatapos bigla niyang binagsak ‘yung pantalon niya. Nakita ko ‘yung puwet niya and I started laughing.

Is that always the way that you console her?

Luis: One of the many ways. It happened at 4 a.m. She came to my house crying.

(To Anne) So how was Luis’ butt?

Anne: He’s also showing it in this movie, so you see it for yourself. He did three butt exposures.

Luis: This is my “nudest” movie to date. I think ang next stage ko ay “pene” na. (“Pene” is short for “penetration” which was closely associated with the so-called Sex Trip [ST] flicks.)

Is that the part of your body that you are proud of showing?

Luis: That’s the part of my body that other people are happy watching, using at kung anu-ano pa.

What part of Luis’ body do you like most?

Anne: None! Wala, wala! Oh yes, ‘yung kuko niya. Show it, show it!
Luis with ex-girlfriend Angel Locsin. Luis claims that he hasn’t had any serious involvement since they broke up.

Luis (showing it): Cute, isn’t it? (Note: Luis’ fingers are long; the nail of his index finger is broken, as if bitten.)

You are an Aquarian and Luis is a Taurian. Are the two zodiac signs compatible with each other?

Anne: Mukhang hindi!

Luis: Gawan natin ng paraan. Who cares about what the horoscope says? Eh, kung patay na patay naman sa akin, what can I do? Eh, di pagbibigyan ko!

How do you deal with a broken heart?

Luis: Time will heal. Besides, my friends are always there to help me heal. Believe me, I have very, very good support system in and out of showbiz — my high school barkada and my showbiz barkada. They are there for me in anything that I do. Muay Thai is a big help, too, believe it or not!

Do you confide in each other? I mean, trusting each other with your secrets?

Anne: Yeah. Everything!

Luis: Oo naman. Siguro the moment we stop confiding in each other, that would be medyo weird na between us. Kahit nga nasa banyo ‘yan, nagsi-send ‘yan ng pictures sa akin.

What’s the best-kept secret that you have about Luis, ‘yung puwedeng pang-blackmail?

Anne: He’s secretly in love with me.

Luis: Why her nickname is Nippy. It’s an eight-year secret. Even my mom has been asking about it but I never tell her. Di ba, Nippy?

(To Anne) What’s the best thing about Luis Manzano?

Anne: He’s the most patient guy I’ve ever met.

(To Luis) And what’s the best thing about Anne Curtis?

Luis: She’s the most lovable girl you can ever meet.

And the worst, if any?

Anne: The worst about Manzano? When he’s mad, he’s mad.

Luis: She takes advantage of me physically and emotionally.

Anne: Yuck!!! Ang kapal ng mukha!!!

What’s one word that best describes Luis?

Anne: Just one word? Puwede bang two words? Too gentleman.

Luis: Not necessarily describe her talaga. I would just say that she’s my soul mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment